Monday, April 12, 2010

Jeff & Tiffany are Tyin' the Knot!

It's a small world after all, it's a small world after all, it's a - oh, hello. Sorry, you caught me singing to myself. Also, sorry that song is going to be in your head ALL DAY now.
So this gorgeous couple is Jeff and Tiffany. They're gettin' hitched in June in a super cool, modern, and THEM way. I am SO excited for them! Yes, yes, I'm excited for everyone who gets married (well, that whole Julia Roberts/Lyle Lovett thing was questionable...). But I'm particularly excited for these two lovebirds. Why, do you ask? Let me tell you a little story.
Many years ago (we won't say how many), I moved to a new school and began 8th grade in a place where I literally knew NO ONE. My eyebrows were unplucked, I hadn't yet discovered a blow dryer, and I wore Backstreet Boys shirts just about every day of the week (although I'll never apologize for that). I've never been one to be shy, and it wasn't long before I befriended who I believed was the most beautiful girl in all of Austin Middle School, a tall, gorgeous blonde named Tiffany. I still remember her gassy pugs, spending the night at her house, watching Pocahontas, crying over boys, church camp, cruising in her pimp-mobile (years later), and ridiculous inside jokes. Tiffany was one of my best friends, and even stayed in touch when I moved to another city, then, a year later, moved back to her city, just in a different school district. So now here I am in 10th grade, starting at a new school where I knew my cousin, and that was it. I had, to my detriment, discovered the tweezers, added braces, but picked up a subscription to In Style - the light at the end of my awkwardly adolescent tunnel. Anyways, as with most band kids, you instantly make friends within your section, no matter how short a time you've been there. You spend hours together, sweat together, laugh at inside and ridiculous jokes about your band director together... we nerds become pretty tightly woven pretty quickly. Within my section was a young gent named Jeff. Jeff was pretty stinkin' funny, always up for a great time, and down to let me be one of the guys now and then. So I knew Tiffany. I knew Jeff. But they didn't know EACH OTHER. They met a few years later at a wedding, and now, a few years after that, here they are! Small world, no? I tell ya, I feel like Kevin Bacon right now.
So anyways, I was so excited to a) see these guys again and b) get to take their engagement photos, and I had a great time. Jeff and Tiff were such troopers, so willing and patient and kind while I just ran my mouth excitedly... it'd been a few years since I'd seen either of them! But they were wonderful as we laughed, trespassed, talked, went off-roading, and risked life and limb to get shots. Enjoy!




A two-fer already? Yep!







LOOOOOOVE. You do, too. This one needs to make it to the website.












This makes me smile!



Wallet!



I LURVE these! So sweet and happy!



Such a perfect dip.




Yep, another two-fer. I love these. This one ended up getting emailed to Tiffany that night...





If it looks like we're facing death by playing in a giant railroad bridge that loomed about 50-60 feet over the Trinity river, you're right. We were.





Two-fer. Love it.



I absolutely ADORE this image!!!





SUCH a favorite.








Jeff and Tiffany, thank you both SO much for a great day!!! It was great seeing you guys and catching up, seeing how you love each other, and hearing about your plans for the future! I am so excited and happy for the two of you... and Chocolate and Penny. I've known you both for years, and to see how you compliment one another is truly so stinkin' cool. Thank you for letting me run my mouth at dangerous speeds, for risking your life to get shots, and for being down for whatever. You two are amazing together, and I can't wait to see what your happily ever after is going to look like!!! Congratulations!

1 comment:

Mike and Suzi :) said...

Love Them! The pictures and the people in them.