Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Melanie's OH MY GOSH THIS IS UNREAL Bridals

Melanie is stunning. She's exactly what I love to work with - gorgeous, fun, stylish, and a great friend. You remember her and Mike's AMAZING engagement session? Yeah, me too. Well, the day came for Melanie's bridals, and wouldn't you know it, weather.com was guaranteeing us rain. Yes, guarantee. No "slight chance of showers" for those guys - 100% chance of precipitation. It was believable, too, since it had been raining for about a billion days leading up to hers, and forced a few other sessions further back into the calendar. So with makeup appointments booked, we decided to move Melanie's bridals indoors, just like we had done with her rainy-day engagements. Because it worked so well the last time, and it fit her style to a T, we went to another NYLO location and set up camp. I mean, the weather service was predicting chance of showers. Usually 35% can dampen the grass. And so we set about taking some of the most incredible Vogue-worthy bridals I've ever seen, let alone taken. Everything was just so sassy. We had a great time shooting, laughed, obviously got some phenomenal images, I got to spend time with my friend... and wouldn't you know it, it didn't rain a DROP. Not a plink or a plunk. I think even the humidity was at a negative. Sunshine all day. But I'm certainly not mad, because LOOK at what we got!!! I'm going to start you off with a few favorites, so you know how to brace yourself. Seriously, have a brown paper bag ready to breathe into...



I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!











OH MUH GOSH.




Yep, that happened.














I LUUUUURVE these! They're so VOGUE.
I've decided I need a gray concrete wall in my home so that I can pose in front of it and try to look this good.



It's a freakin' ad!





Fun with my friend!









Stops you dead in your tracks, doesn't it?







AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm dying all OVER the place!!!














"Paraplegic Ninja Squad shirts."
Melanie knows.




... gasp.... can't..... breathe.....











How fun are these??!






Come ON!!!!





Okay, I need to get my defibrillator.






A favorite of all time ever in the history of anything and everything that I have ever seen. Ever.




Their big day was October 23!



Kind of love it. A lot.



These next few are just FIERCE. Like, Rihanna-fierce. WOW.





Holy goodness. Fire and EVERYTHING! How is this POSSIBLE??!




OH MELANIE!!! Thank you SO much for letting me be a part of this journey in such a huge and special way!!! I am so happy for you and Mike! I smile every single time I see one of your status updates about how happy you are. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Aside from you being gorgeous and stylish and fun to work with, you're a great friend, and I've loved getting to spend this time with you. The entire time I was working on your photos, I kept getting "O Holy Night" stuck in my head, and couldn't for the life of me figure out why. Until I was editing and stumbled upon yet ANOTHER too-good-to-be-true image of you, and said out loud, "Oh, holy crap." Magical, eh? You're a phenomenal person and I know you're a phenomenal wife... CONGRATULATIONS!!!

1 comment:

Amanda Peterson said...

OMG WOW seriously!!! These are so gorgeous!