Thursday, August 13, 2009

Amber and Brandon Are Oh-So Hip

Amber. Oh, Amber. How does one even BEGIN to describe Amber? Amber and I met on the first day of 8th grade when we were paired up in Mrs. Buck's Honors English class... and history has since been made. Best friends for YEARS, I can only count on one hand the number of memories I have as a teenager that do NOT somehow involve Amber. Her family is the reason I want more kids! She's one of those people that things just HAPPEN to and instantly become the most hilarious story you've ever heard. Everything about her is larger than life! She laughs loud, cooks in heels, bangs out gangsta rap... She's like a human cartoon - she's hilarious, over-the-top, fun, animated... And of course there's the uncanny resemblance to Cindy Crawford. I'm straining to write this blog and not fill it with thousands of inside jokes! Oh, the memories I have of my time of practically living with Amber: Monopoly into the wee hours, Lord of the Rings on opening nights, Whataburger taquitos more than once in a night, flat tires, car shows, flat tops, Oreos, wolves, A Perfect World (vols. 1 & 2)... we have so much fun together that we end up quoting OURSELVES! We've even attempted to write - and publish - our memoirs... including a list of why Amber was unlikely to take a husband. While our plans of hosting our own public television reality show have yet to pan out, Amber and I have grown up together, seen each other through just about every single phase in our lives. She's that friend you have that just GETS you. She stood next to me on my wedding day, and now I am so proud to be a part of hers. I'm so protective of Amber that I never could imagine that anyone would deserve her, and yet she found him! Brandon first had the classic guy reticence towards picture-takin', but won me over as Amber's intended the moment he said he didn't like taking pictures, "but it makes Amber happy." He, obviously, won Amber's heart long before when he quoted Steel Magnolias to her. Apparently, the wildcard had nothing to do with food. Another inside joke... I'm getting so misty and nostalgic that I could literally go on and on about Amber and our memories. So I'll have to stop and be a photographer now, even though it's so much more fun to be her friend.
Amber and Brandon are getting married NEXT WEEK! They're so stinkin' cool and hip and modern, and are gettin' hitched in an art gallery in Deep Ellum... I KNOW! So when it came time for engagement photos, Amber (who, by the way, was on her deathbed with mono at the time of their session... try and tell!) said they didn't want typical "cute" photos. And so... I give you: a sneak peek of Bramber's Super Hip and Emo E-Session.
In keeping with tradition, here's a favorite:





Come ON! Do you see how he looks at her?!





If only there were audio to go with this image. If you know Amber, you know what this laugh sounded like...








FAVORITE!!!!




Again, thank you, Beyonce, for your advice about putting a ring on it.




Presh.




Love it.








You know about my love for tattoos.





Again, why do I not record audio when I have a session?










I LOOOVE this one so much, you get it in color AND black and white!
YOU'RE WELCOME.




Yet another FAVORITE!








REB!!! You're getting married! I'm getting a little faklempt! I heart you so much and am so, so, OH so happy for you and Brandon! He so hit the jackpot with you, and I know you're both going to be so happy. Brandon, you gave my best friend diamonds and make her smile, so I like you. I'm so excited that you're going to join me on the other side and become a domesticated diva! We can call each other for recipes and laugh off the antics of our children as they play gayly on the veranda... okay, maybe not, but I'm so happy for you! Thank you so much for letting me be a part of your most wonderful time in such a special way! I smiled the whole way through editing these (and all the others that you still haven't seen!), and I want to shut down this computer right NOW and come over to hang out with you! I heart you SO much and cannot wait for your wedding!!!!!
Siempre,
Consuela

4 comments:

Mike and Suzi :) said...

The pictures are fabulous! Congratulations to Amber and Brandon!

KristenB said...

I found your blog through a friend and I am very impressed with your photography. I can't wait to see what's next!

Jennifer Vail said...

Thanks so much, Kristen B! I think I'm just about to become a fan of what you do, too!!!

LIsa Latham said...

Hey Jenn you did it again...such a fan of your photos that I come back to view peeps I don't even KNOW...am I too wierd...love the way you capture shots...way to go