Friday, August 7, 2009

Rylie is Brand-New!

Meet Miss Rylie. She's new here.
Rylie is the little - younger - sister of Jarrett! Remember the pregnant lady I fell on during his session? It was Rylie inside! I know siblings are supposed to be complete opposites of each other, but so far, in the little bit of time I got to spend with her, Rylie is already doing her best to keep up with her rambunctious bro! At the time of our little diva shoot, she was a ripe 2 1/2 weeks old, and already BURSTING with personality. Another misconception about babies: they do NOT sleep all the time. Now, since I have boys, all the rules are automatically thrown out the window, and I assumed little girls were completely different. I had visions of peaceful sleeping angels who tooted Ralph Lauren's Romance. Oh no. Now, I'm not saying Rylie didn't smell DIVINE, but the girl was awake the ENTIRE time! Have you ever heard of such a thing?! And so, as you will see, instead of the quietly sleeping newborn photos that you've always seen, Rylie got to exert herself and her budding little personality and have a session ALL her own! Enjoy the beauty of Miss Rylie, because I'm sure you'll be seeing a lot more of her!
And in keeping with my new tradition, I'll start off with a favorite:




Waking up... unsure of the lady with the big black camera...



Hahahaha! Love it!



Okay, SO. We went outside to get a family shot (don't worry, JP and Ashley, I got one! I'm just saving it for YOU to debut!). This is my favorite outtake - check out what Jarrett is about to do!



Favorite! This is what a new baby is all about! The silly eyes that make your heart stop, the flailing arms, the cuteness.... I love it!




And now for yummy baby parts... DELICIOUS.








See how mischeivious she already is??








Naked frog baby! I LOOOVE IT!



I love it that Ashley's hand is on her back to comfort her. TOTALLY not posed!





Hey purdy!




Wrinkled red baby rear! Love!







And this is where I had to stop because I was too choked up. Yeah, I'm a dork. But I'm a Mommy first, and this was just too beautiful.





Thank you so much, Ashley, JP, Jarrett, and of course, Rylie! You are such a wonderful little family. Your kids take after you guys in such a big way... not just the aggressively dominant Butler genes, hehe, but also in the personality and hilarity that ensues every time I'm around you! I'm so happy for you guys and know that Rylie lucked out when she joined your family. It's been a rough few weeks (keep Rylie in your prayers, everyone. She's been fighting some gunk that's no fun for grown-ups, let alone tiny ones), but you have handled everything so beautifully and taken such fantastic care of your baby girl. Thank you for letting me poke and prod and move your beautiful baby, and for letting me call you friends! Congratulations again!!!

No comments: