Saturday, September 12, 2009

Leah is a SENIOR!!!

Leah is who I wish I had hung with in high school. She's just awesome. You've seen her before, with her family, but now the time has come, and Leah is a SENIOR! Talented doesn't even begin to describe her: She sings, she plays multiple instruments, she writes, she takes incredible photographs... and she's hilarious. With a killer sense of personal style to boot. Individual and unique to the nth degree, and not in the "that's what we say to make the weirdo feel better" way. Leah is absolutely her own person, and I love that person to pieces!!! She's petite and travel-sized with the most glorious red mane and the cutest constellation of freckles you ever did see. Simply put, I just want to keep Leah in my pocket all the time. I somehow keep ending up with these gorgeous red-headed seniors, and I never get tired of it! I have to say, if Leah asks you to take her photos, you say yes then check your calendar later!!! I JUMPED at the chance! Not just because it meant we'd get to trapse through the ghetto and have a great time together, but also because Leah is an artist and would let me play around with some different (emo) stuff... as well as come up with ideas of her own! I know I say this a lot, but I honestly could go on and on about Leah and her Grayt family... hehe.... a little pun for those of you who have been blogstalking for a while.
So Leah is a senior. Where does the time go? Soon she'll be moving off to Nashville and becoming a hugely famous and influential worship pastor, then she'll meet a gorgeous Australian musician on tour and get married and have beautiful (TINY) red-headed babies... Maybe I got a little ahead of myself, but that's the plan. Leah has her head on her shoulders, her feet on the ground, and her heart in God's hands... the best possible situation for a young woman as full of potential and promise as Leah. Before I get myself all misty-eyed, I'll stop typing and let you check out Leah's Senior Sneak Peak!!!

(I couldn't start off with a favorite, because, well, YOU try picking just ONE!)





Favorite.







Awww yeah... Nikon peeps... TOLD you she was awesome.



Oh Leah, how I love you.




More of Leah being Leah.
You know it was a great shoot when we got all these great images in such a short time in front of the same wall!



And here's your emo cowgirl shot, Reah.






Yeah, this one looks like the black and white one. So? You know you still like it...
Oh, and it's a favorite.



So you remember the Coppell High School senior gals overalls tradition from Morgan's session? Leah is so cool, so stylish, so unique, that she made hers ALL her own! They're so... Leah!



Wallet!




There were a lot of jumping photos.... I think maybe it made her feel taller.



The one above and the one below... favorites!




Wallet...



GO-JUSS! Favorite!!!




Okay, now begins the less-of-a-wallet-and-more-of-a-Leah portion of our day.






Fierce favorite.





I love a good throw-your-head-back cackle!



Oooh! Favorite!




This one was all Leah.
Amazing.



Some explanation:
When I sent m husband to fetch my cowboy hat, he returned with this random pilgrim hat. I don't know why we have it, or why we actually have 4 of them... either way, he insisted that we take a photo with them, thinking it would be just OH so hilarious. Well, with the Dream Team that is Jen and Leah, never has a pilgrim hat looked so high fashion... I actually LOVE these!





Favorite.



FAVORITE.







Favorite!



How ethereal does she look?!





Wow. Favorite.



Leah!!! I can't believe you're a senior!!! I had so much stinkin' fun with you, and you were SUCH a good sport. (For everyone else - Leah actually climbed to the top of one of the train cars, then came back all dirty and said "Awesome.") You are getting so many stinkin' pictures out of this day-long extravaganza! They were all so incredible that I could only bring myself to toss the ones where you were blinking... and even those I was sad to see go. I love you so much and am so excited for what this year (and beyond!) holds for you. I meant every word I said at the top of this post. Thank you so much for trusting lil' ol' me to be a part of your senior year in such a monumental way.... and for making me laugh so dang hard! I'm glad you finally found your way to my house!!!!!

1 comment:

Mike and Suzi :) said...

She is gorgeous and her overalls are too cute!