Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Sheila & Devin's Oklahoma Wedding!

I first met Sheila when she and I served in my sister-in-law's wedding a few years back, and right from the start she proved herself to be a sweetheart! I was so absolutely thrilled for her when she and Devin got engaged, and even MORE thrilled when she asked me to come to Oklahoma to photograph their wedding! Here's a little sneak peek from their big day:



The sunrise was casting amazing shadows!




AWWW Alert: Devin had Sheila's new initials, "SS", made a part of her ring!











These are a few of my favorite things...



Sheila and her coffee! It didn't leave her hands!



Check out that finger tattoo on the makeup artist!!! AWESOME!




Sheila kept getting in trouble for Facebooking while getting made up... she would read a well wish, then start crying while her makeup was being applied!



Seriously, the woman was ON Facebook, haha!






NATURE. Goulet.








Shadows!!!









:)








Reflections!




Trying not to cry the makeup off before the ceremony...



Pappa, papparazzi...

























It was a tad sweltering outside, so everyone moved inside for breakfast!!!








The ladies and their mimosas...









Sheila is a die-hard Boomer Sooner! Hahaha!





Devin and Sheila, thank you so much for letting me be a part of your special day! Congratulations to both of you, I'm so excited to see what's in store for you!!! Texas is a little bit sadder to have lost you, Sheila, but I know you're with your prince now. :) Congratulations!!!!


And now for some news: First up, there are just a very FEW days left to nominate a Single Supermom for the session giveaway! I'm already having knots in my stomach about having just one winner based on the nominations I already do have!
A general rule of thumb for photography businesses is that if you're booking 50-75% of your inquiries (the percentage varies, but the rule is constant), then you are UNDERpriced. With me booking about 90% of my inquiries (and that 10% is usually conflicting calendar dates), I'm pretty sure that applies to me. Also, because all of you out there have been AMAZING about passing my name along and getting me business, I am BUSY! The rising amount of work has created a rising cost of running a full-time business! And so, it is with trepidation that I announce that as of July 1, 2010, the wedding coverage investment will change a bit. Anyone who is under contract with me before that date, you're locked in at your contract rate. But anyone who has not returned a signed contract will be quoted the new pricing. It's not a huge change, and according to everyone else I'm WAY underpriced as it is, I just wanted to give everyone a chance to save some moolah and make sure there are NO surprises when the contracts come! Thank you all so much for your support in getting me this far... I can't wait to see where we go next!!!

No comments: