Monday, January 10, 2011

Bridge Church

So WAY back in the day, but not too far back, as a lady never reveals her age, I was a teenager looking for a place to belong, as most are. What I found was an amazing youth group with some of the best friends I've ever had - I'm still in contact with most of the people I was close with back then... especially the guy I met named Marcus. I married that one. :) Anyways, in this youth group where I learned SO much and later served in, there was a youth pastor named Jared, or Pastor J. Even as a grown woman I still refer to him as Pastor J. He and his wife, Mandy, have had quite possibly the biggest impact on who I am today, and I can never, ever thank them enough for the investment they made in me. Flash forward a FEW years, and Mandy and Jared are now pastors of their own church in Arlington. A few months back, Mandy contacted me about taking staff photos for their website, and I jumped ALL OVER that chance! Not just to get to see some of my old peeps, but to have the opportunity, however small, to be a part of what they are doing. They are some of the best leaders you could ever hope to serve under and learn from, so I was thrilled to get to have a minute little contribution to their dream and purpose! Anyways, sentiment aside, we all met up and had a portrait party-style day, and I have to say, some of my most favorite family shots ever were produced! Enjoy!!!









































Pastor J & Mandy, what can I say that I haven't already said 100 times? You guys are awesome and I'm so excited for you and the future and what you're doing at Bridge Church!!! Thank you so much for the chance to be a part of what you're doing, and I can't wait to hear more AWESOME things!!!!!

No comments: