Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Tear-Jerking Maternity Session

Um, wow. This maternity session was so very special. I already love taking pictures, so it started out as a win, but it just keeps getting better. Lindsey, who lives in Houston, already has two boys of her own. She is one of those rare and enviable women who loves being pregnant - and looks GO-JUSS while expecting. So after much consideration and discussion with her husband, Lindsey decided to give another couple the best gift they could ever hope for: a family of their own. Lindsey is a surrogate mother! But wait, it gets better. Not only is Lindsey the best surrogate ever, not only is she beautiful and in disgustingly great shape, but she is carrying TWINS! That's right! This belly you're about to see is not only perfect, but there are TWO little boys in there! So when you see how Lindsey's almost six-months-pregnant body is better than mine is 7 months AFTER baby, remember that there are two perfectly healthy and growing babies in there. Don't hold it against her, she's just making a couple's dreams come true.
Lindsey wanted to get some photos of this growing belly for the little guys' parents, and MAN did we get some! It was a bit of a challenge taking photos without Lindsey's beautiful face, but I can honestly say I never tired of taking belly shots. A lot of my favorites, as you'll see, are in black and white. They turned out so beautifully, and I feel like I have to whisper when I look at some of them! I'm not going to lie, I teared up more than once while I was working on these. Get your Kleenex ready, and enjoy!











I told you, I love tattoos!



Okay, I kind of snuck a bit of her face in this one. But come on, if you were taking photos of Angelina Jolie's doppleganger, wouldn't it be an insult to the camera NOT to get that face in there?



I know.





One of my favorites!




How fun that she brought the same exact booties that Belinda had in her maternity session?!







Some explanation: Lindsey bakes and decorates the most incredible cupcakes! I cheated a little and got - gasp! - store-bought ones, but it was cute nonetheless.








How much did we luck out with the vapor trail in the background?



Don't you feel like you have to whisper?



Lindsey, you already know that what you're doing is amazing, but you deserve to hear it again: You're incredible! Plus, you look ridiculously gorgeous. Thank you so much for letting me be a part of this life-changing experience that touches so many lives. I can't wait to share the birth with you, either, and meet these two little heartbreakers. Thank you thank you thank you for allowing me to have a hand in this! Beyond the fact that you're a surrogate, you were such a trooper and so easygoing. These are but a taste of the entire session, which has soooo many more (and lots more in color, ha!), so I hope these can hold you over!!! Hope you're feeling great, and I'll see you soon enough in Houston!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow!! First of all, where were in when I was pregnant? You soooooo need to take my pictures next time...I got none this time...but totally beside the point!! These are absolutely AMAZING! I literally cried! I love, love, love the one with the bows and present tag! Simply beautiful!! So I definitely need McKinnley's pics taken (we haven't had ANY done yet and she will be a year in may.....DON'T GET ME STARTED!) and I would love some family pics...we should talk!

Amanda Jandik

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah...and she makes me sick how beautiful/skinny/amazing (the list could on) she looks! Gorgeous!

Amanda

Anonymous said...

Wow Jennifer! When I get pregnant, I know who to get to do my maternity photos! I LOVE the organza with the flower. These are beautiful!
Courtney (Adam) B