Sunday, December 6, 2009

Debra and Allen - The Wedding!!!

I love it when I get to start with a couple from the beginning. If you've been following this blog for any amount of time, you've also started with Deb and Allen at the beginning! First came their amazing and steamy engagement session. Soon after was Debra's WOWzer bridal session. And now, finally, their wedding!
The whole day was so calm. Every single wedding - every single wedding - including my own, always has something go wrong. Sometimes it's catastrophic, more often it's just a glitch that gets worked out within moments of it's occurrence. But this wedding... perfect! Beginning to end! Debra was calm the entire time, Allen showed up to the altar, the ceremony was fun and full of love, and the reception was a BLAST! Seriously, it still makes me nervous thinking about how smoothly the entire day went, just waiting for a shoe to drop... but Allen and Deb have been wed now for almost a month, and things are still peachy keen! The whole ceremony and reception showed just what kind of loving and wonderful people these two are. You could tell - from the way they skipped their own meal to walk around and personally greet each guest, to the music and every other detail - that this wedding was not only a celebration of their love for one another, but a celebration of getting to share it with the people they love. This wedding was just as much for the guests as it was for them! I'm a little sad that our journey is over now, me and my new friends... but maybe we'll get a maternity session in a few years, nudge nudge?!?
I had a blast editing these... Debra's faces are so expressive! She's too funny!






LOVE that tattoo... get it?











Deb looked like she was cast out of porcelain! I'd DIE for skin like that!





GORGEOUS sunset over their amazingly drool-worthy venue.



Oh, that DRESS......







And we all remember my lust for those shoes... I love this photo so much, I'm going to print it up on a canvas and hang it up in my closet, with my own collection of art, er, shoes!!!







Hahaha... Allen sent over his gift to his bride - "wrapped" in an ammo box! He knew she'd never go looking for it in the gun safe! So them!




CAKE JEWELRY!



I LOVE groom's cakes... they're always so fun and full of personality! Allen's was by FAR one of the best I've EVER seen!!!



It was FULL in there!










Great moment: The officiant asked for the rings, and the best man - also a police officer - asked "Will this be okay?"... then whipped out the handcuffs! Check out the reactions!



And THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is how you kiss your bride.




Just a few moments into their romantic first dance, the music suddenly screeched to a halt and went into "Poison"! Like I said, this wedding was so them!








SUPER fun idea: The bride and groom each hold one of their own shoes and one of their new spouse, sit back to back, are asked questions, and raise the shoe that represents the person they think is the answer. Example: Which one of you will be the first to pass gas in front of the other?









You can usually tell pretty early on who the characters are going to be once the music starts. I had the advantage of KNOWING, before I even woke up, who they would be.















It ain't a wedding if the night doesn't end like this!!!




Debra and Allen, I am so, SO thrilled for you guys! Thank you so much for letting me be such a huge part of this amazing time in your lives!!! You have been so great to work with, so kind, so fun!!! Congratulations and stay safe out there on the streets!

1 comment:

Mike and Suzi :) said...

O Jen...your pictures make me tingle...in a good way of course.