Friday, October 8, 2010

The Spawn of Goofy

Holy pint of Popeye's gravy, it's been TWO MONTHS since I blogged last! Where did the time go?! My little baby turned two, my big baby turned 4, and my biggest baby, I mean husband, turned 29! It's certainly been a busy time... but let's face it, who of us isn't busy??? In the last few months I've shot quite a bit, thus the neglect of le blog, since I've been either working to get photos to clients, shooting, cleaning my house for a party of some kind, taking can't-breathe-when-I-look at them bridals that can't be shared just yet, or can't-look-directly-at-them-without-needing-a-brown-paper-bag-to-breathe-into boudoir shots. Oh yeah, super sassy boudoir photos that have made me die all over myself. So I must beg your forgiveness for having left you all hanging and keeping all of the fun to myself! I try to upload a sneak peek or two to Facebook pretty regularly from my sessions, so if you're not a fan yet, head on over pronto and click that little button!!!
Still here? Good. Because now you get to meet Baby Miranda. Well, not quite yet. At the time of the session, Baby Miranda was still baking. But last week she entered the world and turned it upside down with her specialness!!! She's SUPER special. She's beautiful, naturally. She was born on my hubby's birthday, so already she's got good taste. She's also certain to be a genius. How on earth could I know all of this already? Because the girl's got impeccable genes. Like, the kind that science wants. Yep, little precious Baby Miranda is my cousin! Yay!!! When I was a wee one, for some reason I began calling my dad's youngest brother "Goofy." Still not sure why, although I'm sure it was a joke my dad started that became the stuff of legends. It's stuck. All these years, even as a grown woman, I don't have an Uncle Lance (that tastes funny just saying it), I have a Goofy. And he'll always be Goofy! In fact, I tried to visit him at work once, and accidentally asked for Goofy. I don't think he lived that one down for a while. So anyways, Goofy wed Sheri, the awesomest person ever. She's super sweet and SO funny and gorgeous and interesting and smart and gives him a run for his money!!! They're the awesome people who always have something smart and funny and way cooler than me to say. Baby Miranda is their first little one, and I could not be more excited for them! They're the people that you just KNOW are going to be incredible parents. Baby Miranda lucked out for sure - good genes AND good parents! I haven't had the privilege of meeting her yet, but sometime in the very near future, she's going to be modeling for me again, and I can't wait!!! Sheri's cousin, Kelly, and I are both photographers and have been emailing each other for months, so we finally decided to meet and tag-team poor Sheri... but I didn't feel the least bit sorry for her, because homegirl doesn't have a SINGLE stretch mark. Ugh.
Here are just a few of my favorites from their maternity session:









I am a little obsessed with this one. I love it a lot.





Goofy and Sheri, you're Mommy and Daddy!!! Congratulations!!! I cannot WAIT to meet the little princess, take her pictures, and of COURSE babysit! ;)
Thank you so much for letting me invade your house and your schedules. You two are the best and I can't imagine any better parents for little Miranda. Goofy, you made me tear up when you told me "the whole world has changed." This is the best thing EVER. I am thrilled to pieces and tears right now thinking about the blessings in your life, and how amazing you two are. I know my boys think you're awesome because you always give the best gifts, haha! I can only imagine how great you two are, sleep deprivation and all. That little girl is loved to bits. I'm SO looking forward to coming out to see you... and of COURSE babysit!!! Love you guys - all THREE of you!

No comments: