Sunday, November 8, 2009

Heather's Catch-Your-Breath Bridals

Heather and her honey-turned-hubby Jonnie got hitched this past weekend, so I am FINALLY free to show off some of her bridal photos!
We'd talked through a lot of emails and a few phone calls, but because of crazy schedules, crazier weather, and a little bit of sickness, we hadn't had the chance to meet until Heather's bridal session. I said to her, "I'll just look for the lady in the wedding dress." Seemed simple enough. How many brides come sashaying towards you in any given day? Apparently, the correct answer to that is 4. From their wedding website, I'd seen that Heather was petite and cute as a button, so when I saw a lovely little lady all glammed up in her wedding dress, looking like she was waiting for someone, I approached her. "Heather?" "Nope, I'm Diane." Whoops. Surely that wouldn't happen again. "Heather?" "Melissa." Dernit. After a few tries, I finally got it right. I was INSTANTLY in awe of how beautiful Heather is! Throughout all of our communication, she had been so incredibly sweet and thoughtful, and she just completed the package by being, well, gorgeous! In fact, as we were walking, we passed a young girl who looked up at her father and said, "Daddy, look! She's a princess!" So true. She was stopped a few more times to tell her how stunning she is. Again, so true.
Heather has AWESOME style, and I can't wait to show you all the amazing details she worked into her big day. For now, you'll have to remember to breathe as you gobble up the gorgeousness that is Heather!


Shall I start off with a breath-taking favorite, so you know what you're in for?


Yep.






Whoa, Kemosabe, big ballin' is my hobby...




I LOVE these next three... just about the cutest thing ever. And get a load of the dream-team combination of that light and her skin...




Wasn't that just the best?!






Yep, another one of those I-like-it-so-much-you-get-a-pair-of-'em photos... Does the color one not look like it came straight out of a magazine ad for Estee Lauder, the Liz Hurley days?
And you know you died for that black and white one.






Crazy-gorgeous evening light... stinkin' Daylight Savings Time has since robbed us of this.





I love this.
I have only ever asked one bride to lie down for shots like the next few. Just one.
From that one session, every bride I've had since has REQUESTED to lie down, in the grass, in her expensive white dress. I love it. I was more than happy to comply!


Another two-fer.



She's just so gorgeous and dreamy! Yowza!



For those of you who have never met me in person, I am in no way different than you should expect. During this shot I spoke the words "I'm dying a little!", to which Heather howled with laughter.
Well, and I made a reference to peeing my pants. That could have done it, too.






I am so, so in love with this photo. So dreamy. I want to make a giant canvas of it and hang it up. And I find that in no way creepy. It's just... gorgeous.



Heeeeey! Then Megan Fox showed up!



I know.
You don't ever get over how beautiful she is.



FAVORITE!
Oh, super mega laser on the list of all time favorites!



And again, I love AND die for the next several ones.
It's okay, you will, too.



Nope, I didn't steal a back-cover-of-People-magazine ad.
I die.







I flew my dork-flag high when I wondered, aloud, if this felt more like Lord of the Rings or Twilight.




W.O.W.




Oh my sweet molasses. Heather, you were and are stunning! I had such a blast with you and your mom during your bridals, and your wedding was INCREDIBLE! Thank you so much for trusting me and being so laid-back and easy. I'll say it again, because I know I'm going to hear it a million times afterward, but WOW!
Hope you two have a blast on your honeymoon(s)!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Heather, you were absolutely stunning! These are just BA-nan-nas!! I'm so sad :( to have missed it...
Love you bunches,
Aunt Vikki

Anonymous said...

Jennifer~ you do such amazing work!! Heather IS beautiful and you totally captured her beauty! I love looking at these!! I can't wait to see the ones from the wedding! And then the ones from Becca & Paco's!
Heather you are stunning!

~Sarah