Friday, November 27, 2009

The Smith Family!

I think Lindsey wins the award for the person I have most photographed. And this is not a complaint. You first saw her - or rather, her belly - back when she was a surrogate, carrying twins for an amazing couple. Then you saw her again when she brought me down to Houston to DELIVER those twins. I've photographed her at countless weddings. The girl is just GORGEOUS. And it goes without saying what kind of person she is.
So I was just tickled pink (okay, maybe just a whiter shade of white) when she said she'd be coming up to Dallas and wanted family photos! I've grown purdy fond of her and her family, and Facebook just wasn't doing it for me.
Let me now preface with a bit for all parents. It's a fact of life that kids don't sit still for long. So it makes sense that kids don't sit still for pictures long. It's also a fact that BOYS sit still about 1% of the time a girl can. So you can imagine how frustrating the day COULD have been for Lindsey and Dustin, approaching family photos with two young boys. But it was a BLAST! Just approach it with a sense of humor, work with it, enjoy your family being your family and not something that got posed to imitate an ideal. And they did! I must say, the boys were perfectly marvelous, gave us tons of great photos, and I had a ball! The Smith family is not only easy on the eyes, but just a ton of fun! I laughed - literally - the entire time. I always like to keep a few outtakes from sessions, something for the families to laugh at when they're going through their photos, but I think I may have kept a little too many from this one. :) It was just so.... FUN! And it doesn't hurt that Lindsey gave me food. If you are in the Houston area and need - or even want - a sinfully delicious baked good of any kind that looks just about like anything, go here to contact Lindsey!!!
That being said, because of Holiday travel, Lindsey hasn't been home to receive her photos yet... so I give you a rare, TRUE sneak peek!!!



Mmmm... shadows....



Super absolute mega favorite!







Hehe... Jaxon, their oldest son, would say "cheese" everytime I asked him to smile... and held it!! He would just say "cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese" until I stopped, and if it had been too long, he would get louder, as if to remind me that he was still posing! Hahaha!
(And BTW, how stinking CUTE are these boys?!)



Most precious brother photo ever!





TELL me that doesn't look like a mischievous little boy.





I LOVE these next three! They are in NO way posed, just them being their family!









A few outtakes from the audio of the day:
"Jax, kiss your brother." "No, I'm not a girl."
"Jax, hug Ayden." "He farted on me."
"Jax, are you pooped?" "No, you can't poop during pictures."



Okay, let me catch my breath.
So at one point, Dustin encouraged Ayden, the little mischievous one, to attack his Mommy. And so he did. What followed was so hilarious, there aren't words to describe it! I was shooting the ENTIRE time, and really wish I could just do a series on what played out, but I'll show some restraint and respect by only posting one. You should be able to get the gist of it!




This was the point where we just embraced whatever the boys would stand still for! Too fun!








... and.... they're done.



Okay, okay... one more outtake...



Oh my goodness, Lindsey and Dustin! I cracked up the whole time I was with you guys, I laughed out loud all alone while I worked on the photos, and I'm giggling even now! Thank you SO much for this! Not a moment of it was work!!! You guys are SUCH an awesome family, and such great friends!!!!! Thank you a BILLION times over for continuing to keep me in business! I can't wait to see what hilarity ensues the next time!!!!!

1 comment:

Mike and Suzi :) said...

Definitely most photographed! Always gorgeous though!