Friday, November 6, 2009

The Wonderful Watkins Family

I love this family. Seriously. My kids love their kids and their kids love my kids. Mike and Shelly are two of the most kind and generous (and hilarious) people you could ever hope to befriend! They're the brand of people who will literally give you the shirt off their backs. I love this family.
I had SO. MUCH. FUN. getting to shoot with them! Mike is actually quite the accomplished cameraman himself, so no pressure on me, right? It's always fun getting to hang out with families and watch them interact with each other during their sessions, but I have to say I laughed until I cried a few times with these guys! They're the type of family that just reinforce your own love and desire for a family, in the hopes that it'll turn out like the Watkins'. I laughed the whole way through, and I smiled the whole time I was editing! Since Hot Mike is such a proficient with all things visual, he wanted something unique for their family photos, which was a) definitely fitting and b) definitely delivered! I love these photos so much! My family is so blessed to have these incredible people in our lives, and if it weren't 2 AM, I'd give you an outline of each and every member of the Wonderful Watkins', with specifics on what makes them so stinkin' awesome. Instead, their photos will have to do... ENJOY!!!







James, my oldest boy's buddy. Quite talented, quite funny... and just about the sweetest boy you could meet. Throughout the session - and apparently at home all the time - his hand always seeks out someone else's to hold... precious!



Abby, BOTH of my boys' future wife, depending on who gives her the biggest diamond. She is obviously stunning and gorgeous. But she's also so fun to be around, so patient and kind and sweet. I guess being flanked by two brothers all the time HAS to make someone easy going and loving!



Braxton, SUCH a cool guy. Already his name is awesome, but he didn't have anything to do with that. He's so respectful ("yes ma'am"!), mature, cool, HILARIOUS... and he plays the sneaky big brother role to a T! Texas Tech is already setting aside scholarship funds for this guy.



Check out the James Dean Braxton's got goin' on!







FAVORITE!!!!!
Looks primed and ready for a Christmas card, if I do say so myself....





They are just so fun to watch interact! Seriously, this is what they're always like.



Hehehe... Don't worry, Shelly, there's another one of these, I just love James in this one!









Did you die a little?
You did, didn't you?



Who DOESN'T love a good jumping photo?





OH how this is my favorite.
Yep, I'm gonna say it: I'm dying a little over this one.




More of them being a family!





LOVE it!




Okay, you've been thinking it the whole time: Dead-ringer for Catherine O'Hara, no?
Although Shelly is an incredible mother, wife, friend, and PTO president!!! Homegirl gets things DONE!
I can't do justice to what a wonderful, supportive friend she's been to me, so you should just befriend her yourself and find out.



So as I said before, Hot Mike is a camera man. He does FANTASTIC work with videos - brides, you're going to want to check out his website! Go here for a better description of the full range of services he offers.
Anywho, we got quite a few headshots for him to promote his awesomeness with. Here are just a few of the guy you're gonna want covering your next big thing:





Yes, this is in the middle of a road.
Yes, we had to run and re-set every 90 seconds as cars came barreling through the puddles.


They might be giants.



Watkins family, I love you! WE love you! You guys have been such a blessing to us in so many ways. We can't thank you enough for coming alongside us the way you have and just being you. Thank you so much for allowing me to do this with you guys and being so patient with me... not to mention risking your lives for a shot! Did I mention you looked marvelous? You were all so easy and fun to work with, although I didn't expect anything different. What else to say other than I love you, and thank you! Oooh, my child, my child....

No comments: